Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Dear COVID-19

Dear COVID-19, 

There is no better way than to ask why? Why take my social life from me? Now I am at my house reminiscing about the times I took going outside with friends for granted all because of you! I wish you understood how much pain you caused. I wanted to ask- can you please go away? I am trying to enjoy my spring without having to worry about the man 2 feet in front of me who just coughed up a lung. Also, this is important. Please, and I beg, don't take summer 2020 from me because if you do… actually I don't know what I could do to a virus. Just be scared of what I could do. 

I really just want you to go away. You’re like the little cousin at family parties that none of the older kids want to be around...yikes! There is no need for Coronavirus to even be around. This was supposed to be my spring, my summer, and my year. No. It just had to happen right before “late-night cruise weather.” Instead, I wake up at 8 am every day watching cartoons in my PJ’s while eating a bowl of Fruity Pebbles. What a time to be alive huh? 

I am not quite sure if I am angry or just frustrated. One thing is for sure I am sick and tired of you. Get it? “Sick and tired.” See, this is what I mean. My humor has gone away because of you. I lost all of my social skills because the only people I talk to are my toddler sisters. Hey, I am not complaining, but it's hard to keep a conversation with a three-year-old who doesn’t want to be talked to during “TV time.” 

More importantly, we all want our old life back. You have affected many people’s lives, mostly in a bad way, besides the stimulus check. You have been a pain in the butt. Coronavirus, just go away. It would be best for everyone. 

Yours Truly, 
Guise Salas

No comments:

Post a Comment