Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Dear Covid-19

Dear Covid-19,

While I’m sure you're enjoying your destruction to the world as if you were in Bora Bora, I am not enjoying my stay at home. You may be asking me why I’m not enjoying it and how this stay at home order is boring. Oh my goodness… where should I even begin with this nonsense boredom of mine and frustration and anger I have towards you, but I also have to say a small tiny itty-bitty thank you to you (sadly). 

I’ll start with the boredom first since that's the feeling I feel every single minute and hour of the day. At first it was fun sleeping in until 8, getting ready and then doing some classes because of our schedule. Now Oh my goodness I can’t even fall asleep at 10pm without getting bored of trying to sleep. I have watched every single YouTube video in my subscription box! So you might ask, what do you watch now (if you even care). Well, last night I went from watching a makeup review to watching a person who's from India build a pool and a house out of materials made on earth. You have messed up my sleep schedule so badly, and I'm so tired because of it that I thought that maybe I should go to the forest preserve and try it out as well. Later on, I yelled at myself, as if I was a parent of mine, and told myself all the consequences. 

Now I’ll start with the anger. Why would you want to kill so many innocent human beings? Like why would you be sitting in Bora Bora or even Cancun sunbathing on the beach while infecting others with the particles you put into their atmosphere. I am so angry and frustrated that you target people with Immune deficiency and asthma (especially older people). What enjoyment do you see out of that? I don’t see any besides ache and sadness in my heart. I myself have sports- induced asthma as well as asthma that can cause me to end up in the hospital if I were to be sick very badly. I am so glad I have a mask, gloves, and hand sanitizer on me 24/7, and I wash my hands now at least 15 times a day. I went from maybe 6-8 times a day to 15-20 times a day. 

Now here is my thank you to you. I know I know others might think I’m crazy for even saying thank you to you, but I think people need to understand something here too. You have helped planet earth recover from air pollution, water pollution and much more! In Italy the canals have become crystal clear and even fish started to go into the canals themselves (maybe that's their vacation). Also in Italy, the dolphins finally migrated back near civilization and they look so happy. The pollution in the air in China has gone down so much that even scientists are surprised and shocked. In the United States I haven’t seen a difference besides how much less cars are because everyone who isn’t going to work took a Bora Bora vacation at home, but I noticed that you made rain and weather come back to us here in Chicago. I can smell the freshness in the air. So I wanna tell you thank you for bringing life back to Planet Earth but please go back to where you belong so this can be over with, maybe turn the cure over to the scientist cops so they can give the cure to people. 

Sincerely, 
Nikola Sokolowski

No comments:

Post a Comment